Though lafiami.com ('the platform') as a third party does not provide insurance services and cannot be held liable for insurance claims provided or secured on the platform, we are committed to protecting your privacy within reasonable boundaries and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and security of all information of our users, except to provide insurance providers on the platform the opportunity to provide insurance services.
By using the lafiami.com and/or registering yourself at www.lafiami.com, you authorize Lifiami Limited (including its representatives, affiliates, and its business partners) to contact you via email or phone call or SMS and offer you services for the insurance product you have opted for, imparting product knowledge, offer promotional offers running on lafiami.com and offers by its business partners and associated third parties, for which reasons your information may be collected in the manner as detailed under this Policy.
You hereby agree that you authorize lafiami.com to contact you for the above mentioned purposes. Your authorization, in this regard, shall be valid as long as your account is not deactivated by either you or us.
Controllers of Personal Information
Your personal data will be stored and collected by Lifiami Limited and insurance companies dealing directly with us.
Purposes of collection of your data
lafiami.com collects your information when you register for an account, when you use products or services provided by third parties on its platform, visit its website's pages. When you register with lafiami.com, you are asked to submit certain information which may be personal to you such as first name, last name, state and city of residence, email address, mobile number, date of birth, etc. Once you register at the website (on any of its platform) and sign in you are not anonymous to us.
Also, you are asked for your contact number during registration and may be sent SMS, notifications about our services to your wireless device. Hence, by registering you authorize the lafiami.com to send texts and email alerts to you with your login details and any other service requirements, including promotional mails and SMS.
We use your information in order to:
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- process orders or applications submitted by you;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement with our business partners or third parties;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you;
- to send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might include offers or products from our business partners (such as insurance companies etc.) or third parties (such as marketing partners and other service providers etc.), with whom lafiami.com has a tie-up;
- to make our website and the services offered by lafiami.com better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from our business partners or third parties;
Some features of this Website or our Services will require you to furnish your personally identifiable information as provided by you under your account section on our platform(s).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
lafiami.com may share your Information submitted on the platform to any third party/service provider/business partner without obtaining your prior consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms and Conditions; for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- lafiami.com may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when the user visits the platform. These companies may use personal information about the user’s visit to the website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to the user.
- lafiami.com shall transfer information about you in case lafiami.com is acquired by insurance company in partnership with or merged with another company.
We Collect Cookies
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For session ID cookies, once you close your browser or log out, the cookie terminates and is erased. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your computer’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Session ID cookies may be used to track user preferences while the user is visiting the website.
They also help to minimize load times and save on server processing. Persistent cookies may be used to store whether, for example, you want your password remembered or not, and other information.
Like most standard websites, we use log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer to you, to improve marketing, analytics or site functionality.
Email- Opt out
If you are no longer interested in receiving e-mail announcements and other marketing information from us, please click ……………………………………………………………………………….. or e-mail your request to: ……………………………………………………….. Please note that it may take about some days to process your request.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures at all times to protect the information we collect from you. We use multiple electronic, procedural, and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful use or alteration of information, and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage to information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Further, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your login id and password, and may not provide these credentials to any third party.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies and/or ad agencies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (excluding your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this website in order to provide advertisements on the platform and other third party websites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We use third-party service providers to serve options on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the platform. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites for targeted advertisements for goods and services. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
Links to Other Websites
There might be affiliates or other sites, including insurance companies linked to lafiami.com. Personal information that you provide to those sites are not our property. These affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies of these website when you visit them.