INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT POLICY & MANAGEMENT
LIFIAMI LIMITED (the "Company") has an efficient Intellectual Property Policy and Intellectual Property Management guidelines (Collectively referred to as "IP Policy", hereinafter) in place basically to maintain absolute clarity on IPR related issues such as ownership, rights and obligation of employees and Company, rights and obligation of customers and Company, disclosure of work/ invention, non-disclosure of confidential information, liabilities in case of misappropriation of IP or resolution of IP related disputes strategically.
The Company has a consistent policy of identification of Company's intangible assets, prioritizing them according to Company's business plans, registering, exploiting and safeguarding them in order to benefit fully from IP in terms of revenue, reputation and market share. The Company's IP Policy also envisages protection and management of its own IP well, internally and with its business partners.
We also want to respect the IP of others as we develop our products and services, run our business, and work with business partners. For clarifications, the term Company wherever used under this IP policy, shall include its Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
The Company has adopted this Policy in order to protect its own IP and minimize the possibility of infringement of Intellectual Property rights of the Company and the third Parties. This IP Policy aims to provide transparent administrative system for the ownership, control and transfer of the IP created and owned by the Company.
This IP Policy is applicable to all the employees, representatives and agents of the Company including its Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
Policies, procedures, and records
Company shall respect intellectual property (IP) and conduct its business in compliance with the IP-related laws as applicable in the jurisdiction of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and its agreements with other companies.
- Company shall actively protect its own IP.
- Company shall maintain an effective system of IP asset management, including maintaining an inventory and records of IP-related assets and agreements.
- Company shall not knowingly infringe a third party's intellectual property in its products, services, or components, or disclose or use a third party's trade secrets without the express or implied consent of the owner or as permitted by law.
- Company shall not knowingly purchase or use counterfeit or other infringing goods and services in running its business, including counterfeit trademark goods or infringing copyright material (such as software, publications, video, audio, or other content).
- Company shall document and maintain written records of all substantial transactions and uses that involve the exercise of IP rights. (This includes, for example, licenses or assignments of rights; manufacture reproduction or distribution of patented, trademarked or copyrighted items; and disclosure and use of trade secrets.)
- Company shall require, through binding policies or agreements with employees and contractors that its personnel comply with the applicable IP laws and the Company's IP policies and IP-related provisions in agreements with other companies.
- Company shall develop and implement a management system to help ensure that all personnel follow its IP policies. This management system shall encompass all IP-related policies, procedures and adequate and accurate records necessary to implement, measure, and improve Company's IP protection and compliance program.
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria.